Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Introversion

So, I let this go after only 2 posts, but let's see if I can pick it back up or if it will just be a random post type thing. I've spent the last month trying to decide what I should cover about myself or if the first 2 posts were good enough to give some good insight. I think it's enough, but I figure I should do 1 more about how my brain processes information

Alright, so I'm an Introvert. Technical definition - my brain dumps everything I experience into my long term memory. When I'm mentally healthy, I can remember things almost exactly the way they happened down to the exact words individuals said. Lately, I've started getting gaps in my memory, but I'm starting to see a correlation between my diet that most people wouldn't expect and how well I remember things. No, I won't go into detail until I've had a chance to test my hypothesis. I will say that I'm working out a way to remove grains and grain based food from my diet for a month, reducing my carbohydrate intake, to see how my entire body feels. I digress though.
Most people say that I overanalyze things. I'd say they were right if I honestly didn't like it. But, I love it. I absolutely enjoy tearing apart electronics, events, social profiles, things that have potential information, and putting pieces together. I think most people are horribly unaware of their surroundings.
I typically loathe small talk. I have no interest in what your dog did yesterday unless it was something that every other dog in the world isn't capable of. If your dog learns how to write and do math in the same day, I want to study it. If you matter to me, and it's actually important to you, then I'm happy to listen. Otherwise, I'd much rather talk about heavy subjects such as science, engineering, medicine, economics, politics, psychology, sociology, history... you get the point.
I usually love being alone. And I've looked back through memory and realized that I've always loved being alone. Having family around when I needed someone to use as a sound board was great and I miss it from time to time. I've analyzed too much and am too far into a different understanding of reality at this point to be able to just call them up. I end up pleading at this point. I'm running with too much information.

Well, hopefully some of this makes sense to those who actually read.

No comments:

Post a Comment