Friday, July 22, 2011

Post #2 - Religion

So, I'm basically trying to build up with these first few posts the ideology and viewpoint that I'm coming from, in order to build on the more complex concepts I touch on later. I really wanted to do a post about college today, and why I feel like I'm wasting my time, but the field I want to work in requires it to be certified. I feel that some of my assumptions might be missed by skipping over these short views into how I think, though.

So, here it is. Religion. I have none. And honestly, that's what it means to be agnostic. I will not claim atheism, because I'm not.



I'm open to all religion... well, those that don't advocate the death or theft from another to prove you're right. (Because your god totally proved s/he's with you to get away with either of those, right? *sarcasm*) I also love discussing and learning about all the religions in the world. I believe that in all of them there are worth while things to learn.

But I don't believe that there is an omnipresent, omnipotent God, Goddess, or Spaghetti Monster in the sky that created us all, whether through mere thought or noodley appendage. If something DID create us, alter our DNA, or give us a 'push' intellectually, I do not believe they are deity. Merely more advanced, curious, and/or bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment