Friday, September 30, 2011

The 3 lb bounce

As of Friday night of last week, I was 288. That changed over the weekend as I celebrated 4 weeks Primal and tried to have a '4 week cheat' within the restrictions, but something sneaked in. By Monday morning I felt bloated and worn out after not being able to sleep very well. Oh, and a 3 lb gain that I've just managed to get back down as of this morning.

As for life in general, this round of college I'm being a LOT more social. I've made more new facebook 'friends' in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2-3 years. On the flip side, I'm having a hard time remembering all the little assignments that keep being tossed my way by my classes, despite homework binges at work. All the socializings that I'm doing are just replacing video game time, but I'm not budgeting well enough for class things. And if I have a late night with new people, forget getting to my early morning classes without caffeine. And caffeine has been at negligible amounts since I stopped drinking sodas and sweet teas.

Like last night, I fully intended to be home and asleep by 11pm, then ran into new and awesome people and got to know a few of them until 1am when I had just enough energy to drive myself home. This in turn translated into sleeping through my alarm and waking up at 8:45am with no time to make it to either of my morning classes. I don't regret it, but I do need to get better at time management if I want to keep exploring this burgeoning new social life, keep with the diet, and pass all my classes this semester. At the moment, I'm only doing well at 2.5 out of 3 and I've got a web course starting in 2 weeks. That and I need to make more time for my personal programming projects. Those may lead me to quitting the part time job I so desperately want to get rid of. If I were to pick one thing that does more damage to my time management than anything, it is how my entire weekend disappears into this job, instead of just a few hrs I normally spend waiting for the next class during the week, like I'd like it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment